Why do freelancers need a VPN in 2021?
- When using public wi-fi hotspots to connect to their office, many business people, or people who work from home, are vulnerable to security risks such as spyware and malware. Security threats have escalated over the past years, making it more important than ever for businesses to consider private connections to the Internet in place of public ones. (Virtual Private Servers) offers the perfect answer for this and more.
- With public Wi-Fi, anyone can connect to the Internet even if they are not at their office or residence. This poses a number of security threats, including security threats to sensitive data, network usage, and even the possibility of spyware being installed on a computer which compromises the user’s entire system. As an example, if a person visited a site which contained financial damages and spyware, the likelihood is that the financial damages could be manipulated and the identity of the user could be stolen.
- However, there are a few ways that private networks can be used to protect business users and personal users. For example, when visiting a site, a business owner can choose whether or not to reveal their personal information. If so, they can visit that site anonymously, increasing their chances of staying protected. However, if they do not wish to disclose their personal information, they can browse anonymously or remain within a secure zone. This is an excellent way for people to stay safe and keep their identity private while surfing the Internet without fear of identity theft.
- In addition, when a business or individual needs to travel overseas, being connected to a traditional hotspot in a foreign country may not be possible. This means that the business or individual will need to have their own secure connection to the Internet. A VPN offers a perfect solution to this problem, as it acts as a barrier between the Internet and the user’s actual location. Therefore, even if the user leaves that location, they will still be able to access the Internet from a safe position, protecting their personal information.
Benefits of VPN
- With that said, an even greater benefit can be seen when freelancers work remotely. In most cases, an Internet connection is required when the business is being operated from another location. Therefore, when a business owner works from home, they cannot be sure of obtaining a high-speed Internet connection. Even if they can get a connection, there is the potential that someone could be accessing data on their computer when they are not present. A VPN is the perfect solution to this issue, as it ensures that all data is protected even when the Internet connection is slow or non-existent.
- Another huge benefit that freelancers can enjoy comes from businesses that have taken on a social media aspect. Social media is booming in terms of usage, and as such, many businesses are taking advantage of this platform by allowing their employees to post their work-related thoughts online. However, with this type of platform comes security concerns, and if a business chooses to block all social media interactions, they could be taken down by law-enforcement officials.
- As such, many businesses are turning toward VPNs as a form of protection for their employees. Therefore, the Internet is being used as an untapped resource for businesses that are conducting illegal activities. While it may seem like a legitimate way to protect data, law-enforcement officials can easily shut down these types of operations. Therefore, by using a VPN, freelancers can ensure their privacy is kept intact while they are working.
Finally, the benefits of VPN services go beyond the safety they provide to freelancers. They also make the life of a business owner a great deal easier. By eliminating geographical barriers, businesses will be able to expand their reach. By cutting out extraneous travel costs, they will be able to increase profits.